Stakeholders in this case include LinkedIn executives, product managers in charge of the group overhaul, group owners, group managers, group moderators, and group members. This case study, however, will focus on the reactions of a few members of the Linked:HR team. The key stakeholders are:
- Cris Wildermuth is Linked:HR’s "Chief Evangelist" or manager. She coordinates the team of moderators and leads the group.Ian McCarthy is the LinkedIn product manager.
- "John Smith" (name changed) is the Linked:HR product manager in charge of the overhaul.
- Olivier Taupin is Linked:HR's owner and founder. A Seattle entrepreneur, Olivier is a well-known consultant in the social media field.
- The Moderators and Group Leaders are volunteer professionals who help moderate the Linked:HR group.
- The Group Members use Linked:HR as a source of networking and professional development. The Group Members are divided into two categories: External Vendors are professionals or business owners whose clients work in the field of HR. The following are examples of "vendors": HR consultants, trainers, insurance agents, lawyers, background check firms, etc. Internal HR professionals work in the HR field as HR generalists, managers, directors, or vice presidents.
Note to Students: Enter here a description of your key stakeholders. It may be useful to focus on a few specific people.